SEASON 3 ALERT: FALL 2020 SEASON ON HOLD DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
WELCOME TO FPYC IRISH FOOTBALL
Covid-19. Above all, we want the kids to HAVE FUN and learn the best game on the planet. And we didn't feel we could provide the same experience for kids this season. We are very sorry. We had 100 children in our program last year, so we had lots of momentum going into Season 3.
STAY TUNED: If the Covid-19 restriction ease, we'll try to have some FREE CLINICS for kids and families later this fall.
We continue to grow...so, please spread the word about this amazing sport.
Introducing one of the fastest-growing games on the planet—perfect for kids looking for FUN, with lots of running, scoring and total participation.
What is Irish Football?
- One of the oldest games in the world (and now one of the fastest-growing sports in America), often called the original “beautiful game”
- It’s a awesome mix of SOCCER, BASKETBALL, VOLLEYBALL, RUGBY, and TEAM HANDBALL
- Played on a field with a goal and goal posts; the rules are easy for kids to understand
- Lots of scoring...and everyone touches the ball!
- FPYC will offer Sunday-only clinics and matches for BOYS and GIRLS, AGES 4-18 YEARS OLD; our format is designed for FUN and a GREAT WORKOUT. Perfect for cross-training.
- Elementary, Junior High and High School teams
- NEW THIS SEASON: Team format (each player will be on designated house teams)
- Certified coaches
- CONTACT: FairfaxIrishFootball@gmail.com
- 90-minutes sessions: 30 minute drills and clinics, followed by 60-minute matches (if your child played FPYC flag football in the spring, it’s a similar format)
- Sunday afternoons in Fairfax City at Green Acres (season begins Sept. 15)
- $85 Registration
Please send any questions to the FPYC Irish Football league director, Mike McCarthy, at FairfaxIrishFootball@gmail.com