Welcome To Fairfax Police Youth Club
June 29, 2020
To our missed FPYC Families
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a fluid situation. As we go through the month of July we will begin opening up registration for our Fall Sports.
We continue to look to the Governor and our local Governments for guidance and will shape our Fall sports programs to meet the guidelines provided.
Even though we may not yet know what form the Fall season will shape into, we do know that we will have some form of play for our FPYC athletes, as long as Virginia continues to open up.
Link to Governor’s Press release about Phase 3
Governor’s Phase 3 guidelines
Governor’s Phase 3 guidelines en Español
Please look to the Health and Safety tab for COVID-19 updates and directives.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon.
FPYC Board of Directors
May 22, 2020
Hello FPYC Families,
First, our volunteer Board of Directors and coaches truly miss our FPYC community! We hope you’re staying well.
Like many of you, we want nothing more than FPYC athletes to be back on fields, courts and trails having fun, competing and making new friends. When it comes to childhood development, we believe youth sports are essential tools for personal growth and future success.
Lots of inquiries have come our way about fall sports registration. Right now, we have to follow the governor’s lead on when our region can reopen (there will be phases) and what types of activities will be allowed to be held safely.
The next two weeks will likely shed light on the next steps for reopening our region, as well as guidance for the weeks and months ahead.
We hope to have an update for families about fall registration shortly after our next Board meeting, June 17. In the meantime, please be safe and enjoy the first part of the summer.
FPYC Board of Directors
April 16, 2020
In response to the concerns with COVID-19, Fairfax Police Youth Club (FPYC) has made the decision to cancel the spring sports season. It was a decision that was expected by many but comes with regret as we will miss our spring youth players and their families.
For paid spring registration fees, we are pleased to offer three (3) options:
1. Transfer/Credit – You may transfer your registration fee to the same sport that is offered in the fall. If the sport you have registered for does not have a fall sport you may opt for a credit that we will apply to the same sport in the spring of 2021. Those sports are:
· Tackle Football
· Field Hockey
· Flag Football
2. Donate – As a 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization, we welcome your paid registration as a donation to the club. Donations not only provide opportunities for qualifying children to participate at a reduced rate, but it also helps offset other club expenses such as the administrative costs that we incur from credit card transactions during registration to other local city/county fees.
3. Refund – Your registration fee is fully refundable upon request. You may elect to donate a portion of your paid fee ($5, $10, $20), by stating so with your refund request. Again, donations help offset club expenses for cost incurred during the spring registration process.
*Response Required! Transfer/Credit and Refunds must be requested to your sports director by May 15, 2020. Refunds will be processed by June 30, 2020 and payable by check only. Any equipment and/or uniforms that are loaned or rented to you must be returned prior to the issuance of a refund.
Any response not received by May 15, 2020, will be considered a donation.
You have shown incredible patience and resilience while we cope with this fluid situation. FPYC Sports is committed to providing the very best support to our community.
If you have any questions, please contact your sports director.
AmazonSmile customers can now support Fairfax Police Youth Club in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into 'Settings'
- Tap 'AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
If you do not have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app, update your app. Click here for instructions.
The Fairfax Police Youth Club (FPYC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of leadership, sportsmanship, and physical fitness, while encouraging and providing opportunities for youth to participate in a variety of sports. The Club was originally founded as a joint police department and community program. FPYC has since developed into an independent community organization and is self-supporting.
In 2013, we celebrated our 50th Anniversary with celebrations throughout the year. FPYC received the Mayor and City Council 1st Place Award for our float, balloons, and walkers in the city's annual 4th of July parade. Thanks to all of our volunteers for making this accomplishment happen!
While totally independent, the police department still strongly supports FPYC and has representatives on the FPYC Board of Directors. Today, FPYC provides sporting venues for the youth of both the City of Fairfax and children from surrounding areas of Fairfax County. Sports that are available through FPYC include: Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, Rugby, Running, Soccer, T-Ball, Volleyball, Wrestling and Youth Challenged sports.