The focus of the spring lacrosse season is the development of a player’s individual and team skills on a competitive FPYC Lacrosse team which plays against similarly skilled teams in the Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse League (NVYLL).
We have five primary coaching objectives which we believe are equally important:
1. To have fun and have the players develop a love for activity and the game of lacrosse.
2. Help your child develop the fundamental skills necessary to be successful at this level and to prepare them for the next level of play.
3. Learn about the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship.
4. Provide positive reinforcement based on effort rather than results.
5. Provide a safe and healthy environment for all the players on the team.