2017 Soccer Fields
Field Requests will be accepted beginning Noon (not 12:01 am) on August 14, 2017
1. Only registered coaches or assistant coaches who have been assigned an FPYC house or FPYC travel team may request a practice field.
2. Coaches will send their requests directly to the field coordinator assigned to the field that they would like to practice on. (This is a departure from league directors requesting fields for their entire league and a departure from one person handling the field load for all fields.)
3. Coaches will be allowed up to 2 practice times per season. These practices do not have to be on the same field but only two will be allowed. Only after all registered coaches have received their two practices will a third practice be considered. Practice fields will be monitored for abuse of this rule. In the Fall only one practice will be allowed on a turf field. The 2nd practice should be on grass.
4. Practice times for the Spring season will be 5-6pm, 6-7pm and 7-8pm. Practice times for the Fall season will be 5-6pm and 6-7pm. Only after all registered coaches have received their two practices will extension of practice times be considered. Practice fields will be monitored for abuse of this rule. Time on artificial turf fields may vary due to the new FCPS schedules. Stafford and Draper 1 will begin at 5:30; Draper 2 will remain as listed above.
5. Field requests will be taken on a first come first serve basis. Field coordinators will do everything they can to keep the process as fair as possible.
6. When requesting fields, coaches who play their games on City fields should make every attempt to practice on City fields and those who play their games on County fields should make every attempt to practice on County fields. Field Coordinators will be enforcing this rule. Exceptions are possible under special circumstances.
7. Practice on turf fields is restricted to U11 – U19. If there is room U10’s playing on Stafford will be given space.
8. Field assignments are not official until they are posted on the fields page. Posting assignments will begin within a week of the request date.
9. Coaches should check the field page periodically for blackout dates on their field.