FPYC’S COACHING RESOURCES
1. U.S. Soccer’s “Youth Soccer Coaching Curriculum”. This comprehensive document can be downloaded in its entirely and represents the most current philosophy and methodology in coaching youth soccer in this country: http://www.ussoccer.com/Coaches/Coaching-Education/Coaching-Home.aspx
2. Virginia Youth Soccer Association’s “Coaching Education” page, contains a complete description and course listing for those looking to further their coaching education: http://www.vysa.com/CoachingEd/index_E.html
3. U.S. Soccer Federation’s “Best Practices” and “D License Manual”. Download the full documents: http://www.ussoccer.com/Coaches/Resources.aspx
4. 1v1 Moves and Footskills: A page with lots of links to descriptions and demonstrations of various moves: Link
5. UEFA Training Ground Drills: Example shown here of Spanish Football Federation’s 3v3v3 Possession Drill:
6. European Champion’s League TV Schedule. Watching the way the sport is played at the highest level is a great way to further your own understanding and ability to teach the game. Every year the top 32 teams from leagues all across Europe square off in a season-long tournament, culminating in the Champion’s League Final in May – a game that draws a global audience second only the World Cup Final. The games are played mid-week, usually in the afternoon but replayed at night: Listings.
9. Good source for games and drills: http://www.bettersoccermorefun.com/
10. Possession Soccer Coaching blog: http://blog.3four3.com/
11. FPYC’s U5-U8 & U9 + Coaching Manuals. Ask for a copy by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.